FAQ’s About Threading
1. What is threading? Threading is an ancient art that originated in the Middle East and India some 6,000 years ago. It’s a very simple concept of using two 100% sterile threads that are doubled and then twisted using a specific technique. The thread is then rolled over the area with unwanted hair.
2. I’m on Accutane. Can I still have threading performed on my face? Yes! Dermatologists approve of threading because it does not break the skin. Nor does it pull it like waxing.
3. What makes threading more effective than waxing? Threading lifts the follicle as it pulls out hair, which also weakens it. That’s why it takes longer for the hair to grow back than it does for waxing.
4. What kind of results can I expect with threading? With waxing, you may have to start plucking two weeks after your wax treatment. With threading, you generally get 3-4 weeks of a hair-free area.
5. Can I thread more than just my brows? Yes, we thread your upper lip, chin, cheeks, and sideburns.
6. Is threading painful? We all have different levels of pain tolerance. However, many of our clients tell us that they have far less discomfort with threading than waxing. And still others tell us they have no discomfort at all!
7. What about the possibility of cross contamination? Threading does not use a wooden stick, which is dipped into a wax pot. Instead, we use 100% sterile cotton thread that is rolled over the area. When the session has ended the thread is tossed. So you never have to worry about passing bacteria from one person to another.
8. Could I get a rash or extreme irritation with threading? No. We guarantee that you will not ever get a rash with threading or extreme irritation. Threading does not require heat. Nor does it require any pulling of the skin the way waxing does. You may have some mild redness but that will go away quickly.
9. What if I have sensitive skin? Persons with sensitive skin are perfect candidates for threading! Also, diabetics, cancer patients, Retin-A users, those taking medications that cause skin sensitivity or irritation. Threading is the gentle and effective alternative to waxing.
10. Can anybody thread my eyebrows or any part of my face? Only a professional threader, one with years of experience, should thread your face. Amateur threading can be quite painful, and the results will be…well, we don’t even want to think about that.
Call Us On (718) 549 4999